This all-day intensive is a basic overview of yoga during pregnancy designed specifically for:
- Yoga Teachers who want to deepen their knowledge of prenatal yoga and become familiar with ways to safely teach yoga during pregnancy
- Care providers such as Doulas & Midwives
- Pregnant Mamas with yoga experience
This is not a certification course, but rather a special workshop where you will be introduced to:
- Benefits of prenatal yoga
- Changes during pregnancy
- Cautions in pregnancy & postpartum
- Asana in pregnancy: feel-good poses, poses to avoid, proper modifications and use of props, restorative poses, poses that may be beneficial during labor
- Pranayama & meditation techniques for pregnancy
- Building community for mamas in class
- Postnatal yoga: brief overview
Join us for this wonderful opportunity to explore how yoga can support women on their miraculous journey of motherhood!
About the Instructor:
Ever since Yoga found her, Hannah’s heart has been softening open and spilling over with love. Then she became a mama and her heart opened even more!
Hannah’s primary training is in classical Ashtanga Yoga and she loves to combine therapeutic physical alignment and dynamic movement with conscious awareness of the subtle body through asana, pranayama and meditation.
Hannah loves teaching yoga to all sentient beings, and feels especially honored to teach to mamas and little ones.
She is eternally grateful to her teacher Baba Hari Dass, and all of the other truly inspiring teachers on her yogic path in the Ashtanga, Hatha, Iyengar and Anusara practices.
Her greatest teacher of all is her daughter Ruby Bea, who endlessly inspires her to consciously evolve, and often more importantly, to laugh.