Dragons Den MMA is hosting “Live Fights” this Saturday, April 13 at the Union City fight school.
More than 45 local fighters in different age groups will participate in the sparring exhibitions in a variety of disciplines including boxing, Muay Thai kickboxing and pankration — a mixed martial art blending boxing and wrestling.
The matches will be held in Dragons Den’s 20-foot boxing ring and 26-foot MMA cage.
Those sparring on Saturday hail not only from Dragons Den but 10 other clubs:
- Brick House Boxing (Union City)
- Heart of the Bay Boxing (Hayward)
- Roots Kickboxing (Union City)
- Bay Area Fight Academy (Hayward)
- Tri-City Martial Arts (Fremont)
- Navarro's Kenpo Karate (San Francisco)
- Darcio Lira Academy (Livermore)
- R & G Muay Thai (Antioch)
- Shamrock Underground (San Jose)
- UFC Gym (Concord)
General admission is $15, $5 for children 6-12 and free for children 5 and under.
Doors open at 10:30 a.m. with the first match at 11 a.m.
Food will be available from Larry’s Smokin’ BBQ.
Dragons Den MMA is located at 2801 Whipple Rd. at Dyer St. in Union City.