It’s summertime and there's still plenty of time to enjoy your favorite activities and family vacations.
But before you know it, back-to-school season will begin and you’ll be at Union Landing up school supplies and the latest fashions.
In the , school starts on Wednesday, Aug. 29.
According to the district, it will be a minimum day beginning at the regular time but dismissing early.
Classes at all elementary schools will start at 8 a.m. and end at 12:05 p.m. Middle school classes will begin at 8:40 a.m. and let out at 11:50 a.m.
At — where every Wednesday is a minimum day — classes start at 8:20 a.m. and end at 1:50 p.m. will operate on its regular scheduled, starting at 8:07 a.m. and ending at 12:36 p.m.
The normal dismissal times for classes at elementary schools this year will be 2:05 p.m. at and 2:55 p.m. at middle schools. Classes end at Logan at 3:25 p.m.
The school year will end June 12, 2013. ( to see the full 2012-13 calendar.)
Teachers, who usually return to school two days before students to prepare for instruction, will also return on Aug. 29 due to budget cuts, according to the district.
“Teachers will be ready to greet students and begin instruction on that first day, but they will not have had an opportunity to set up their classrooms,” district spokesman Rick La Plante said in a newsletter.
The two preparation days are part of the nine total furlough days that teachers agreed to take to lessen the impact of budget cuts on the district. All .
Also this year are some staff changes as some New Haven principals have been reassigned.
The administrative changes were announced in March as follows:
- Anthony La Rue, principal of for the last two years, is now serving as the principal of .
- Jesus Varela, the assistant principal at , was promoted to principal.
- Debi Knoth, veteran principal of , replaced La Rue at Eastin.
- Hui Stevens, principal at Alvarado Middle School, replaced Knoth at Searles.
- Alberto Solorzano, current principal of Cesar Chavez who oversaw the merger with Barnard-White Middle School, left the district to pursue a position closer to his home in Pleasanton.