Goodbye, summer vacation. Hello, school!
The 2012-13 school year has officially begun at all New Haven schools, and we want to see how your children kicked off the year.
Have photos from your child's first day of school? Add them to our gallery above or text it to 510-677-0915 and we'll post it for you. Make sure to include caption information (student's name, age, school).
Not sure what time classes start at your child's school? for school start times.
The New Haven Unified School District also advises that parents heed these following tips when dropping-off and picking-up their children:
- Don’t drop off children in the middle of the street;
- Don’t double-park, park in a crosswalk, block traffic or wait in a bus zone or red zone;
- Don’t pass a vehicle that is stopped to allow pedestrians to cross;
- Make sure children exit and enter through the curbside door of your vehicle and are careful when they open the door;
- And please don’t use the excuse “I’ll just be here for a minute.” Your vehicle still is creating congestion, and may even be causing a danger.
Have a great first day of school!