returns today to the James Logan High School parking lot with seven trucks to serve up tasty treats.
Hosted by the Food Truck Mafia, the event is a fundraiser for the New Haven Teachers Association and runs from 4:30 to 9 p.m. (The Food Truck Mafia also hosts at Union Landing.)
Here's what's on the menu for tonight:
- This Asian fusion food truck serves up garlic noodles, chicken wings, shrimp over rice, lettuce wraps with beef and more.
- Follow them @ForbittenCity
- This truck is all about shrimp cooked in an Asian Fusion-Hawaiian style .
- Follow them at @MyShrimpShack
- This truck specializes in hearty Peruvian sandwiches made with a variety of meats, including pulled pork, steak, braised chicken and chicharron. The truck also offers home made fruit drinks.
- Follow them @Sanguchon_SF
Tacos De Los Altos
- Tacos de los Altos offers traditional Mexican taco truck items, including tacos and burritos.
- Cupcakes — yummy, specialty cupcakes — are the stars of this gourmet truck. Flavors range from Salted Caramel to Red Velvet. They also bake up whoopie pies.
- Follow them @ThatsSweetTruck
- With a slogan like "No fork. No knives. No mercy," expect this San Francisco food truck's menu to pack a mean punch. Established by members of San Francisco punk band Flexx Bronco, Voodoo Van's unique sandwich offerings include "The Skirtlifter" (skirt steak topped with coleslaw), Not So Po' Boy (shrimp with rustic tomato sauce and pickled red onions) and the vegetarian "Tranny Chaser."
- Follow them @VoodooVan
- This food truck out of Santa Clara says its the first of its kind. We Sushi serves us fresh sushi and sushi rolls and its team said they shop from fresh fish markets every morning.
- Follow them @we_sushi
Location: , 1800 H Street, Union City (event will be held in parking lot on corner of Alvarado-Niles Road and Hartnell Street).