Logan High Street Eats returns today to the James Logan High School parking lot with seven trucks to serve up tasty treats.
Tonight's event will be held in conjunction with the NHBA and NHSF Halloween Carnival.
Hosted by the Food Truck Mafia, the event is a fundraiser for the New Haven Teachers Association and runs from 4:30 to 9 p.m. (The Food Truck Mafia also hosts Union City Street Eats Thursday nights at Union Landing.)
Here's what's on the menu for tonight:
- BibiGO is new to the Food Truck Mafia and specializes in Korean BBQ.
- A blast from the past with contemporary foodie sensibilities, this truck puts a new school twist on the classic American diner experience. This "intergalactic diner" features mouthwatering menu items such as their pulled pork-stuffed grilled cheese sandwich on Texas toast, cornmeal-crusted soft shell crab sandwich on a Hawaiian sub roll, deep fried macaroni and cheese "asteroids," kona coffee-rubbed beef and more.
- Follow them @BlastOffTruck
- Want some warm bread full of delicious meats and cheese? Enter Grillaz. New this year, this Fremont-based food truck specializes in hoagies and gourmet sandwiches, including Philly cheesesteaks.
- Follow them @grillazgonewild
- One of the first food trucks to visit Union City, MoGo BBQ is a local favorite. The truck specializes in Korean BBQ served in burritos, tacos, sliders, quesadillas and bacon-wrapped hot dogs with kimchi.
- Follow them @mogobbq
Pizza Pimps (Tentative)
- Pizza Pimps specializes in delicious cheesy pies from pizza slices decked in Polynesian sauces topped with Canadian bacon, macadamia nuts and shredded coconut to pizzas like "PIMP A RONI" that are topped with double pepperoni, cheese, garlic, basil, feta cheese and more.
- Follow them @pizzapimps
- This gourmet ice cream and dessert serves up homemade, all natural "sinfully sweet concoctions." Try their Voodoo Crunch (Oreo cookies with malt balls and espresso chips) or the Top Secret, which is, well, top secret. They also offer mochas, lattes, shakes and floats.
- Follow them @TruckinSweet
- A "Mexican grill with a twist," this truck serves up some of your favorite Mexican dishes in traditional styles or in tortilla "cones." Items include Sunrise Burritos and Tacos (served with a fried egg), San Diego Burritos (rolled with french fries), chipotle shrimp tacos, quesadillas, tortas and more.
- Follow them @twistertruck
Location: James Logan High School, 1800 H Street, Union City (event will be held in parking lot on corner of Alvarado-Niles Road and Hartnell Street).