Logan High Street Eats returns today to the James Logan High School parking lot with six trucks to serve up tasty treats.
Hosted by the Food Truck Mafia, the event is a fundraiser for the New Haven Teachers Association and runs from 4:30 to 9 p.m. (The Food Truck Mafia also hosts Union City Street Eats Thursday nights at Union Landing.)
Here's what's on the menu for tonight:
- This Oakland-based truck specializes in artisan burgers and sandwiches made with fresh ingredients from local sources. The meat, purchased from a Bay Area market, is freshly ground each morning. The owner even hand-makes his own mayonnaise (three different flavors).
- Follow them @FiveTenBurger
- This Asian fusion food truck serves up garlic noodles, chicken wings, shrimp over rice, lettuce wraps with beef and more.
- Follow them @ForbittenCity
- This truck is all about shrimp cooked in an Asian Fusion-Hawaiian style .
- Follow them at @MyShrimpShack
- This Mountain View-based food truck prides itself in serving fresh, homemade Mexican food from burritos to nachos and quesadillas and tortas.
- Follow them on Facebook here.
- Cupcakes — yummy, specialty cupcakes — are the stars of this gourmet truck. Flavors range from Salted Caramel to Red Velvet. They also bake up whoopie pies.
- Follow them @ThatsSweetTruck
- This food truck out of Santa Clara says its the first of its kind. We Sushi serves up fresh sushi and sushi rolls and its team said they shop from fresh fish markets every morning.
- Follow them @we_sushi
Location: James Logan High School, 1800 H Street, Union City (event will be held in parking lot on corner of Alvarado-Niles Road and Hartnell Street).