returns today to the James Logan High School parking lot with 10 trucks to serve up tasty treats.
Hosted by the Food Truck Mafia, the event is a fundraiser for the New Haven Teachers Association and runs from 4:30 to 9 p.m. (The Food Truck Mafia also hosts at Union Landing.)
Here's what's on the menu for tonight:
- 3-3-3 brings together Indian, Korean and Mexican food in a one-stop shop. Served in either tacos or burritos, customers can choose from three items from each culture: carne asada, chipotle chicken or chile verde for Mexican; short rib, spicy bbq chicken or mushroom tofu for Korean; and lamb curry, chicken tikka and paneer tikka for Indian. You can also mix and match your items in combo deals.
- Follow them @333Truck
- This food truck out of Fremont specializes in a mix of Indonesian, Malaysian and Singaporean food. The menu can feature Asian favorites like chicken and beef satay, chicken and fish curry and crispy soybean cakes with rice.
- Follow them @ConklinsTruck
- This Asian fusion food truck serves up garlic noodles, chicken wings, shrimp over rice, lettuce wraps with beef and more.
- Follow them @ForbittenCity
- A mobile version of the House of Siam restaurant in San Jose, the truck specializes in Thai cuisine and includes Thai tacos, Pad Thai, Yellow Curry Chicken over rice and more. Try their "roti boquet," grilled satay chicken rolled in a roti with peanut sauce, fresh green leafs, cucumbers, carrots, red onions and cilantro.
- Follow them @hosonwheels
- One of the first food trucks to visit Union City, MoGo BBQ is a local favorite. The truck specializes in Korean BBQ served in burritos, tacos, sliders, quesadillas and bacon-wrapped hot dogs with kimchi.
- Follow them @mogobbq
- This truck is all about shrimp cooked in an Asian Fusion-Hawaiian style .
- Follow them at @MyShrimpShack
- Pizza Pimps specializes in delicious cheesy pies from pizza slices decked in Polynesian sauces topped with Canadian bacon, macadamia nuts and shredded coconut to pizzas like "PIMP A RONI" that are topped with double pepperoni, cheese, garlic, basil, feta cheese and more.
- Follow them @pizzapimps
- This gourmet ice cream and dessert serves up homemade, all natural "sinfully sweet concoctions." Try their Voodoo Crunch (Oreo cookies with malt balls and espresso chips) or the Top Secret, which is, well, top secret. They also offer mochas, lattes, shakes and floats.
- Follow them @TruckinSweet
- A "Mexican grill with a twist," this truck serves up some of your favorite Mexican dishes in traditional styles or in tortilla "cones." Items include Sunrise Burritos and Tacos (served with a fried egg), San Diego Burritos (rolled with french fries), chipotle shrimp tacos, quesadillas, tortas and more.
- Follow them @twistertruck
- With a slogan like "No fork. No knives. No mercy," expect this San Francisco food truck's menu to pack a mean punch. Established by members of San Francisco punk band Flexx Bronco, Voodoo Van's unique sandwich offerings include "The Skirtlifter" (skirt steak topped with coleslaw), Not So Po' Boy (shrimp with rustic tomato sauce and pickled red onions) and the vegetarian "Tranny Chaser."
- Follow them @VoodooVan
Location: , 1800 H Street, Union City (event will be held in parking lot on corner of Alvarado-Niles Road and Hartnell Street).