returns today to the James Logan High School parking lot with 10 trucks to serve up tasty treats.
Hosted by the Food Truck Mafia, the event is a fundraiser for the New Haven Teachers Association and runs from 4:30 to 9 p.m. (The Food Truck Mafia also hosts at Union Landing.)
Here's what's on the menu for tonight:
- BBQ Kalbi features a Korean fusion menu that includes Kalbi (beef) to Spicy Pollo (chicken) to Kimchi quesadillas.
- Follow them @BBQKALBI
- This truck knows everything there is to know about the shrimp'n business. Their menu includes spicy shrimp tacos, Vietnamese-style shrimp sandwiches, fried shrimp and more.
- Follow them @BiggShrimpn
- This food truck out of Fremont specializes in a mix of Indonesian, Malaysian and Singaporean food. The menu can feature Asian favorites like chicken and beef satay, chicken and fish curry and crispy soybean cakes with rice.
- Follow them @ConklinsTruck
- Craving curry in a hurry? This truck has got you covered. Curry Up Now, which also has a restaurant in San Mateo, serves up unique Indian street foods. Their menu includes Tikka Masala Burritos, Deconstructed Samosas (potato and pea samosas topped with mini-samosas, spicy chickpea curry, tomatoes, onions, sauces and your choice of ground beef, chicken or Indian cheese), Sexy Fries (sweet potato fries in masala with your choice of chicken or paneer), and more.
- Follow them @curryupnow
- This Oakland-based truck specializes in artisan burgers and sandwiches made with fresh ingredients from local sources. The meat, purchased from a Bay Area market, is freshly ground each morning. The owner even hand-makes his own mayonnaise (three different flavors).
- Follow them @FiveTenBurger
- Pizza Pimps specializes in delicious cheesy pies from pizza slices decked in Polynesian sauces topped with Canadian bacon, macadamia nuts and shredded coconut to pizzas like "PIMP A RONI" that are topped with double pepperoni, cheese, garlic, basil, feta cheese and more.
- Follow them @pizzapimps
Tacos De Los Altos
- Tacos de los Altos offers traditional Mexican taco truck items, including tacos and burritos.
- This gourmet ice cream and dessert serves up homemade, all natural "sinfully sweet concoctions." Try their Voodoo Crunch (Oreo cookies with malt balls and espresso chips) or the Top Secret, which is, well, top secret. They also offer mochas, lattes, shakes and floats.
- Follow them @TruckinSweet
- This food truck out of Santa Clara says its the first of its kind. We Sushi serves us fresh sushi and sushi rolls and its team said they shop from fresh fish markets every morning.
- Follow them @we_sushi
Location: , 1800 H Street, Union City (event will be held in parking lot on corner of Alvarado-Niles Road and Hartnell Street).