returns today to the James Logan High School parking lot with 10 trucks to serve up tasty treats.
Hosted by the Food Truck Mafia, the event is a fundraiser for the New Haven Teachers Association and runs from 4:30 to 9 p.m. (The Food Truck Mafia also hosts at Union Landing.)
Here's what's on the menu for tonight:
- This truck knows everything there is to know about the shrimp'n business. Their menu includes spicy shrimp tacos, Vietnamese-style shrimp sandwiches, fried shrimp and more.
- Follow them @BiggShrimpn
- This food truck out of Fremont specializes in a mix of Indonesian, Malaysian and Singaporean food. The menu can feature Asian favorites like chicken and beef satay, chicken and fish curry and crispy soybean cakes with rice.
- Follow them @ConklinsTruck
- This Asian fusion food truck serves up garlic noodles, chicken wings, shrimp over rice, lettuce wraps with beef and more.
- Follow them @ForbittenCity
- Want some warm bread full of delicious meats and cheese? Enter Grillaz. New this year, this Fremont-based food truck specializes in hoagies and gourmet sandwiches, including Philly cheesesteaks.
- Follow them @grillazgonewild
- Pizza Pimps specializes in delicious cheesy pies from pizza slices decked in Polynesian sauces topped with Canadian bacon, macadamia nuts and shredded coconut to pizzas like "PIMP A RONI" that are topped with double pepperoni, cheese, garlic, basil, feta cheese and more.
- Follow them @pizzapimps
- From the Hawaiian-inspired Teri-Beef Meatball Loco Moco and the Filipino-like beer boiled Longanisa (sausage) sliders to Lynchee-Walnut Shrimp skewers and various types of fries, this truck is sure to satisfy your tastebuds.
- Follow them @ricerockit
- This truck specializes in hearty Peruvian sandwiches made with a variety of meats, including pulled pork, steak, braised chicken and chicharron. The truck also offers home made fruit drinks.
- Follow them @Sanguchon_SF
- This gourmet ice cream and dessert serves up homemade, all natural "sinfully sweet concoctions." Try their Voodoo Crunch (Oreo cookies with malt balls and espresso chips) or the Top Secret, which is, well, top secret. They also offer mochas, lattes, shakes and floats.
- Follow them @TruckinSweet
- A "Mexican grill with a twist," this truck serves up some of your favorite Mexican dishes in traditional styles or in tortilla "cones." Items include Sunrise Burritos and Tacos (served with a fried egg), San Diego Burritos (rolled with french fries), chipotle shrimp tacos, quesadillas, tortas and more.
- Follow them @twistertruck
- With a slogan like "No fork. No knives. No mercy," expect this San Francisco food truck's menu to pack a mean punch. Established by members of San Francisco punk band Flexx Bronco, Voodoo Van's unique sandwich offerings include "The Skirtlifter" (skirt steak topped with coleslaw), Not So Po' Boy (shrimp with rustic tomato sauce and pickled red onions) and the vegetarian "Tranny Chaser."
- Follow them @VoodooVan
Location: , 1800 H Street, Union City (event will be held in parking lot on corner of Alvarado-Niles Road and Hartnell Street).