returns today to the James Logan High School parking lot with seven trucks to serve up tasty treats.
Hosted by the Food Truck Mafia, the event is a fundraiser for the New Haven Teachers Association and runs from 4:30 to 9 p.m. (The Food Truck Mafia also hosts at Union Landing.)
Here's what's on the menu for tonight:
- BibiGO is new to the Food Truck Mafia and specializes in Korean BBQ.
- This Oakland-based truck specializes in artisan burgers and sandwiches made with fresh ingredients from local sources. The meat, purchased from a Bay Area market, is freshly ground each morning. The owner even hand-makes his own mayonnaise (three different flavors).
- Follow them @FiveTenBurger
- This Asian fusion food truck serves up garlic noodles, chicken wings, shrimp over rice, lettuce wraps with beef and more.
- Follow them @ForbittenCity
- This truck is all about shrimp cooked in an Asian Fusion-Hawaiian style .
- Follow them at @MyShrimpShack
Tacos De Los Altos
- Tacos de los Altos offers traditional Mexican taco truck items, including tacos and burritos.
- This gourmet ice cream and dessert serves up homemade, all natural "sinfully sweet concoctions." Try their Voodoo Crunch (Oreo cookies with malt balls and espresso chips) or the Top Secret, which is, well, top secret. They also offer mochas, lattes, shakes and floats.
- Follow them @TruckinSweet
- This food truck out of Santa Clara says its the first of its kind. We Sushi serves up fresh sushi and sushi rolls and its team said they shop from fresh fish markets every morning.
- Follow them @we_sushi