returns today to the James Logan High School parking lot with seven trucks to serve up tasty treats.
Hosted by the Food Truck Mafia, the event is a fundraiser for the New Haven Teachers Association and runs from 4:30 to 9 p.m. (The Food Truck Mafia also hosts at Union Landing.)
Here's what's on the menu for tonight:
- BBQ Kalbi features a Korean fusion menu that includes Kalbi (beef) to Spicy Pollo (chicken) to Kimchi quesadillas.
- Follow them @BBQKALBI
- Kinders is bringing all things BBQ — from meats and deli to finger-lickin sauces.
- Follow them at @KindersBBQ
- This truck is all about shrimp cooked in an Asian Fusion-Hawaiian style .
- Follow them at @MyShrimpShack
Tacos De Los Altos
- Tacos de los Altos offers traditional Mexican taco truck items, including tacos and burritos.
- Cupcakes — yummy, specialty cupcakes — are the stars of this gourmet truck. Flavors range from Salted Caramel to Red Velvet. They also bake up whoopie pies.
- Follow them @ThatsSweetTruck
- This food truck out of Santa Clara says its the first of its kind. We Sushi serves up fresh sushi and sushi rolls and its team said they shop from fresh fish markets every morning.
- Follow them @we_sushi
- This truck specializes in silogs, a traditional Filipino breakfast served with garlic rice and fried egg. Their menu includes tapsilog (cured beef), tosilog (cured pork), longsilog (sweet sausage), Spamsilog (Spam) and bangsilog (Filipino milkfish).
- Follow them @yumsilog
Location: , 1800 H Street, Union City (event will be held in parking lot on corner of Alvarado-Niles Road and Hartnell Street).