In less than a month, Union City residents will elect their new mayor and city councilmember.
While the races aren’t over, some candidates have received more contributions from their supporters, based on campaign financial statements that were submitted Sept. 30.
Despite running unopposed, sole mayoral candidate Carol Dutra-Vernaci has received $20,606 in contributions to date.
Councilman Jim Navarro, who is running for re-election, has received $4,017 so far.
A campaign finance statement for City Council candidate Jose Estrella was not available at the City Clerk’s office Tuesday afternoon.
More details about the most recent campaign statements filed with the Union City City Clerk's Office is below. The statements cover the period of July 1 to Sept. 30.
Candidates running for Union City mayor:
- Total contributions received in this period: $2,511
- Total contributions received this calendar year to date: $20,605.99
- Total expenditures made in this period: $5,793.73
- Total expenditures made this calendar year to date: $23,094.80
Candidates running for Union City City Council:
- Total contributions made in this period: $4,017
- Total contributions received this calendar year to date: $4,017
- Total expenditures made this period: $4,825.86
- Total expenditures made this calendar year to date: $6,208.86
A campaign statement from Jose Estrella was not available.
Updated campaign statements for the New Haven Unified Board of Education candidates were not yet available on the Alameda County Registrar of Voters’ website.