The following is a summary of significant crime
and incidents reported in Union City between Oct. 25 and 29 as released by the
Union City Police Department. Reports have been lightly edited for Patch
Friday, Oct. 25
- Ridin’ dirty. Officers stopped a car for a moving violation at Alvarado-Niles Road near Nidus Court at about 1:55 p.m. Officers recovered packaged marijuana, scales, currency and other evidence the supported an arrest for marijuana sales.
Saturday, Oct. 26
- Driver crashes into sound wall. A vehicle crashed into a sound wall surrounding a condo complex at about 12:29 a.m. in the area of Mission Boulevard and O’Connell Lane. Responding officers found the car had crashed through the wall and was partially entered the condo complex. The driver was not injured and was standing next to his vehicle when officers arrived.
Sunday, Oct. 27
- Please keep your eyes on the road. A vehicle flipped on its side after a collision on Alvarado-Niles Road near Medallion Drive at 10:18 p.m. At least one of the drivers was using their cell phone at the time of the crash. No serious injuries were reported.
Monday, Oct. 28
- Multiple vehicles vandalized in BB gun shooting spree. Officers were dispatched around noon to investigate multiple vandalized vehicles in the area of Polaris Avenue and Endeavour Way. Arriving officers found that vehicle windows were shot out with a pellet or BB gun. Police are reviewing security video to help identify the suspects.
Tuesday, Oct. 29
- Stray bullet knocks picture off wall. Officers investigated multiple reports of gunshots fired on Endeavour Way at around 9:45 p.m. A bullet went through a fence, penetrated the wall of a home and knocked a picture off the wall. No injuries were reported.
- Armed gunman tries to rob teen. A man attempted to rob a 16-year-old boy at gunpoint on Dyer Street around 11 p.m. The juvenile victim was walking on Dyer Street when a male suspect exited a red minivan and pointed a gun at him. The suspect told the boy to empty his backpack. The victim fled on food and was not injured. The suspect got back into the minivan and fled northbound on Dyer Street. He was described as a black male between 20 and 25 years old and weighing 170 pounds. The suspect vehicle was described as a “rusty” red minivan with a gray grill.
Anyone with information on any of the listed cases should contact the Investigations Division at 510-675-5247. Those wishing to remain anonymous can contact the tips line by calling 510-675-5207 or email Tips@union-city.org.