The following is a summary of significant crime and incidents reported in Union City between Dec. 5 and 9 as released by the Union City Police Department. Reports have been lightly edited for Patch style.
Thursday, Dec. 5
- Don’t park illegally if you’ve got a lot of drugs on you. Officers contacted the driver of a car illegally parked in a handicapped stall at the 7-Eleven on Alvarado-Niles Road around 2:05 p.m. The driver, a 19-year-old Union City resident, was found in possession of marijuana and cocaine. Following the investigation, officers served a search warrant at the suspect’s home where they recovered 31 ounces of marijuana and multiple bottles of codeine, a prescription cough syrup commonly used as a recreational drug.
Saturday, Dec. 7
- Probationer, woman with warrant arrested. At about 12:30 a.m., officers spotted three people standing outside of a home on College Court, one of whom was on probation. Officers contacted the group and found one of the men to be in possession of drug paraphernalia and meth for sale; he was subsequently arrested. A female in the group gave officers a false name but officers determined her true name and arrested her for an active felony warrant. The woman was also charged with providing false information to officers.
- Mathew’s Mechanical –Western Ave – the incident occurred on 12/6/13, between 00:41 and 02:40 hours.
- Safeway – Decoto Road – the suspect was arrested by Loss Prevention for stealing.
- Domino’s Pizza – Alvarado Niles Road – occurred on 12/9 at 06:30 hours – front window of the business was smashed, the suspect removed a safe.
- New Haven School District Yard – Smith Street – incident occurred over the weekend.
- Safeway – Decoto Road – two suspects were arrested for theft and transported to jail.
- TGI Friday’s – Union Landing – occurred on 12/7 from 16:50 to 19:10 hours – window shattered, a purse was stolen from front seat.
- Pump It Up – Whipple Road – occurred on 12/7 from 18:04 to 19:04 hours – window shattered, a purse and backpack were stolen.
- Chevy’s – Union Landing – occurred on 12/7 from 18:30 to 20:15 hours – window shattered, backpacks were stolen.
- Chevy’s – Union Landing – occurred on 12/9 from 18:15 to 19:15 hours – window shattered, a backpack was stolen.
The above reports involved suspect(s) targeting vehicles with valuables left inside of them. Union City police remind residents to remove any valuables from your vehicle prior to parking it at any location.
Anyone with information on any of the listed cases should contact the Investigations Division at 510-675-5247. Those wishing to remain anonymous can contact the tips line by calling 510-675-5207 or email Tips@union-city.org.