The following is a summary of significant crime and incidents reported in Union City between Oct. 10 and 21 as released by the Union City Police Department. Reports have been lightly edited for Patch style.
Thursday, Oct. 10
Woman robbed at gunpoint. See story here.
Friday, Oct. 11
- Man wearing “Scream” mask robs liquor store. A masked man armed with a double barrel shotgun entered the 00 Liquors on Whipple Road at about 9:25 a.m., pointed the gun at a clerk and demanded cash. The suspect fled the store with an undisclosed amount of cash. He was described as an adult male about 5-foot-8 with a build wearing a Halloween “Scream” style mask, black hooded sweater, black jeans and black gloves. Witnesses in the area reported seeing the suspect run and enter a beige SUV, similar to a Land Rover or Nissan.
- Bullets found in damaged gas meter. Officers were sent to an address on I Street at 9:53 p.m. to investigate a damaged gas meter. Bullet fragments were found inside of the gas meter and a bullet cases was found in the surrounding area.
Tuesday, Oct. 15
- Man flashes teen jogger. A 17-year-old girl reported that a man exposed himself to her while she was jogging along Mission Boulevard. The incident occurred at about 1:30 p.m. when the driver of a Ford F-150 pulled up next to her, exited the truck and exposed his penis. The suspect got back into his truck and drove southbound on Mission Boulevard. He was last seen making a right turn on Daggett Avenue. The suspect was described as a Hispanic male, between 30 and 40 years old, about 5-foot-9 and weighing about 200 pounds. He was clean shaven and missing his two canine teeth. The suspect’s vehicle was described as a white older model flatbed Ford F-150 with plywood on the sides of the bed.
Wednesday, Oct. 16
- Man exposes himself to girl at library. Officers were sent to the Union City Library around 2:30 p.m. to investigate a report of a man who exposed his penis to a 14-year-old girl. The suspect was sitting in a chair on the second floor of the library when he flashed the victim. The suspect was described as a black male, around 20 years old, 5-foot-6, with a medium build. He was wearing a white shirt and blue shorts with a white and red line down the side. The victim reported the incident to her mother, who then notified police. The suspect fled before police arrived at the scene.
Monday, Oct. 21
- Union City police shoot and kill man wielding metal pipe. See story here.
Anyone with information on any of the listed cases should contact the Investigations Division at 510-675-5247. Those wishing to remain anonymous can contact the tips line by calling 510-675-5207 or email Tips@union-city.org.