There were no happy endings for nine massage parlors in Union City last week.
Last Tuesday, Nov. 19, Union City police conducted a sting operation on local massage parlors that resulted in one arrest for prostitution and nine business citations.
The sting operation was conducted in response to complaints of possible illegal activity, according to Cmdr. Ben Horner.
The goal of the operation was twofold — to determine if any of the massage parlors were involved in criminal activity and to ensure that the businesses were up to municipal code, Horner said.
During the operation, one person was arrested on suspicion of solicitation for prostitution at Fen Fang Health Center, located at 34695 Alvarado-Niles Rd. in Union City. That same day, an ad for Fen Fang was posted on myRedbook, a website with classified ads for prostitution.
The other massage parlors involved in the sting were issued citations for municipal code violations involving licensing and set-up requirements, police said.
According to the Union City Police Department, the businesses cited were:
- Chiang Rai, 32230 Alvarado Blvd. - Cited 2 violations
- Dream Spa, 32152 Alvarado Blvd. - Cited 2 violations
- Green Meadow Spa, 31030 Union City Blvd. - Cited 4 violations
- Calla Moonlight Spa, 30719 Union City Blvd.- Cited 3 violations
- Big Foot Spa, 1725 Decoto Rd. - Cited 3 violations
- AA Rehab, 1328 Decoto Rd. - Cited 2 violations
- Leisure Spa, 1764 Decoto Rd. - No violations observed
- Fen Fang, 34695 Alvarado Niles Rd. - 1 arrest for solicitation for prostitution/Cited 3 violations
- CA Health Center, Decoto Rd. - Cited 2 violations
Anyone with information regarding the operation is asked to contact Sgt. Matias Pardo at the Union City Police Department at 510-471-1365. Anonymous tips can also be left at 510-675- 5207 or firstname.lastname@example.org.