Funeral services for Daniel Garcia-Sanchez, one of two young men killed in a fatal shooting last month, will be held this Friday.
According to Union City’s Youth and Family Services, which assists local families in times of crisis, a public viewing for the slain 21-year-old will be held from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. at Brown Temple Church of God in Christ, located at 1111 H St. in Union City.
Garcia-Sanchez’s burial will follow at 3 p.m. at Holy Angels-Holy Sepulchre Funeral Center, located at 1051 Harder Rd. in Hayward.
The public is encouraged to attend.
The funeral services were made possible in part by donations from community members after news spread about the senseless slayings.
“The family thanks the community for helping out,” Sergio Abundis, a case worker with Youth and Family Services, said.
Garcia-Sanchez, 21, and close friend Carlos Estrada-Partida, 18, were gunned down on the 33400 block of 11th Street at about 1 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 25. Two suspects have been arrested and charged with murder in the double homicide. According to reports, the victims may have been mistaken for rival gang members.
Estrada-Partida’s funeral services were held last week.
The two young men's murders sparked an anti-violence movement in the Decoto neighborhood, with more than 100 people taking to the streets in a peace march on Thursday.
- Photos: 100 March to End Violence in Union City
- Victims in Grisly Double Homicide May Have Been Mistaken for Rival Gang Members
- Double Homicide Victims Remembered as Fun-Loving, Inseparable Friends
- Two Arrested in Weekend Double Homicide
- Update: Victims Identified in Weekend Double Homicide, Vigil to be Held Tonight
- Fundraiser to be Held Saturday at Shabuway and Men Oh for Double Homicide Victims