If you can't get enough of Union City's gourmet food trucks, you are in luck. Every Thursday, Union City Street Eats returns to Union Landing near Walmart. It is an excellent opportunity to sample some of Union City's best street food.
A portion of the proceeds from the Thursday events will be given to two local adult schools, said April Bibbins, event coordinator for Food Truck Mafia. Which adult schools will receive the donations had not yet been finalized.
Just like last year’s popular Union City Street Eats, trucks will line up alongside from 4:30 to 9 p.m. every Thursday and will feature a DJ, along with tables and chairs on the grass. This year’s event series, however, is not sponsored by the Union City Chamber of Commerce.
Here's the full lineup for tonight:
- This truck knows everything there is to know about the shrimp'n business. Their menu includes spicy shrimp tacos, Vietnamese-style shrimp sandwiches, fried shrimp and more.
- Follow them @BiggShrimpn
- Want some warm bread full of delicious meats and cheese? Enter Grillaz. New this year, this Fremont-based food truck specializes in hoagies and gourmet sandwiches, including Philly cheesesteaks.
- Follow them @grillazgonewild
- A mobile version of the House of Siam restaurant in San Jose, the truck specializes in Thai cuisine and includes Thai tacos, Pad Thai, Yellow Curry Chicken over rice and more. Try their "roti boquet," grilled satay chicken rolled in a roti with peanut sauce, fresh green leafs, cucumbers, carrots, red onions and cilantro.
- Follow them @hosonwheels
- One of the first food trucks to visit Union City, MoGo BBQ is a local favorite. The truck specializes in Korean BBQ served in burritos, tacos, sliders, quesadillas and bacon-wrapped hot dogs with kimchi.
- Follow them @mogobbq
- Pizza Pimps specializes in delicious cheesy pies from pizza slices decked in Polynesian sauces topped with Canadian bacon, macadamia nuts and shredded coconut to pizzas like "PIMP A RONI" that are topped with double pepperoni, cheese, garlic, basil, feta cheese and more. Also,word on Twitter is if you show them that you follow them on Twitter tonight, you might get a free slice.
- Follow them @pizzapimps
Tacos De Los Altos
- Tacos de los Altos offers traditional Mexican taco truck items, including tacos and burritos.
- Cupcakes — yummy, specialty cupcakes — are the stars of this gourmet truck. Flavors range from Salted Caramel to Red Velvet. They also bake up whoopie pies.
- Follow them @ThatsSweetTruck
- This gourmet ice cream and dessert truck serves up homemade, all natural "sinfully sweet concoctions." Try their Voodoo Crunch (Oreo cookies with malt balls and espresso chips) or the Top Secret, which is, well, top secret. They also offer mochas, lattes, shakes and floats
- Follow them @TruckinSweet
- Also specializing in silogs, this truck's menu includes tapsilog (cured beef), tosilog (cured pork), longsilog (sweet sausage), Spamsilog (Spam) and bangsilog (Filipino milkfish).
- Follow them @yumsilog