One thing I’ve noticed is how much misconceptions are out there in terms of what an interior designer does, and how or why it would be important to consider hiring an interior designer when considering changing a space.
Let me give you a quick run down of what I consider the top reasons why you should hire an interior designer, and what value I can bring to the table.
1. Interior Designers Will Save You Money!!! – Most people think that it is more costly to hire an interior designer, and they embark on their projects themselves without the experience and know-how that can eliminate a lot of headaches and wastes of money. How can I help you say?
a. I can help you choose the correct materials. Some fabrics and products are more durable than others. I have spend years studying the latest materials, equipment, appliances, etc. and continue to do so to make sure I select the most durable, cost effective and energy efficient materials and equipment for your project.
b. I also spend time researching the proper installation of materials for the correct area. How often have you had something installed only to find out the installation was done so poorly that the project has to be scrapped and started all over again, thereby wasting a lot of money on materials that will have to be re-purchased, not to mention the labor that has been wasted?
2. Interior Designers Will Save You Time! - Any remodeling project has an enormous amount of details and logistics that need to be monitored, coordinated and managed. I can help eliminate the “mental anguish factor” from my clients by overseeing all these processes and making sure they run smoothly. I like to communicate regularly with my clients regarding the progress of the project, and I also schedule meetings so I can meet with contractors and subcontractors to go over the project and deal with issues as they come up.
a. In addition, there will be no need for you, the client, to have to do all the running around looking for samples, figuring out where to go to get what you need. That is part of my job, as an interior designer, to provide you with a limited selection of choices that fits your budget, style and requirements, to make your process easier and less anxiety provoking.
b. As part of my services I will provide with you with a binder with floor plans, elevations, material suggestions, photographs, etc. that we can use to continually refer to throughout the process, and keep the process on track. In addition, for those clients who prefer to go paper free, the materials can also be given to you digitally, and this may include a 3D Rendering and animated walk through of what the proposed space will look like.
3. Interior Designers Provide Thorough Analysis of Your Needs - When you hire an interior designer you will be proud to show your home to your friends and family, because it will be designed to fit your particular family’s needs and requirements. When I start a design project I begin with a comprehensive “Design Needs Assessment Analysis”. Not many designers will go though this analysis process, but it is something that I pride myself in, since I feel it is an essential part of making sure you get exactly what you want. I like to take into consideration the entire family’s view of the design project.
a. This helps both of us to manage expectations and know what to expect in terms of feasibility.
b. It also helps bring continuity to your design project, as we will always be referring to it, to make sure the expectations are being met.
c. I will show you how to integrate the different tastes, needs of everyone in your family or business in a tasteful way, to make sure everyone is satisfied.
d. One of the most important aspects of this analysis is that it helps us keep the project on time and on budget. It will keep the scope of the project always in mind, to avoid getting “off track” and into areas that can impact the budget and the timeliness of the completion of the project.
4. Interior Designers have Access to Countless “Trade Only Showrooms” and Resources – As an interior designer I have access to thousands of products including fabrics, textiles, etc. only available to design professionals. If you truly want a one-of-a-kind design that is what I can create for your space.
5. Budget! Budget! Budget Interior Designers Bring Your Project On Budget! – Once we determine your wants, desires and needs we will weigh your needs against your projected budget. I will give you estimates for the cost of products, materials, shipping, delivery, freight, installation, to make sure you all the pieces fit within your budget, before you start ordering any materials.
We also offer “package prices” and you get to decide upfront the level of service and investment you want to make. To learn more about these packages please visit our website (www.fullcircleinteriorsolutions.com) or contact us. We’ll be happy to work out a package for you and your needs.
So, as you can see, it is not that you cannot afford to hire an interior designer, it is more than you cannot afford not to. On the long run, you will be much more satisfied with the end result, it may even be better than you visualized or expected, and it will improve your productivity and sense of well being. Isn’t that what we all hope for?