As winter approaches, you may be thinking about ways to keep your home warm and less drafty, while keeping energy bills low. On November 17, Union City residents can learn how to save energy and money while creating a more comfortable home at the Home Energy Roadshow at Oakland Technical High School, Saturday, Nov. 17, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Admission is free, and lunch will be provided. This is the only stop the Roadshow will make in Alameda County, so don’t miss it!
The free event features:
- The 24-foot Home Energy Roadshow trailer showcasing hands-on demonstrations of energy efficiency technologies that reduce energy usage and improve home comfort
- Local Energy Upgrade California contractors will answer your questions about energy upgrades
- Information about how to earn up to $4,000 in rebates and incentives to help pay for energy efficiency improvements
To RSVP for the Roadshow and get more information, visitwww.homeenergyroadshow.eventbrite.com.
Your energy upgrade will benefit schools in your area!
- Through Energize for the Prize, participating Alameda County schools and schools organizations can receive $250 for every home that performs an energy upgrade.
- For a full list of participating schools, visit EnergizeForThePrize.Org.
Did you know?
- The average home loses approximately 40% of its energy. That’s means 40 cents of every $1 is leaking out of your home.
- Indoor air quality is 2 to 5 times worse than outdoor air quality
- The average home creates more air pollution than the average car