Here's the list of the gourmet food trucks rolling into town Thursday as part of Union City Chamber of Commerce's Gourmet Food Truck Festival. Dinner service will be held from 4 to 9 p.m. at Union Landing near Walmart. The trucks scheduled to attend are subject to change.
- BBQ Kalbi features a Korean fusion menu that ranges from Kalbi (beef) to Spicy Pollo (chicken) to Kimchi quesadillas.
- Follow them @BBQKALBI
- American BBQ is the game of this gourmet truck. Among the items on their massive menu: BBQ tacos, BBQ nachos, half a rack of smoked ribs, half a deep-pit smoked chicken, deep-fried pickles and sweet deep-fried desserts. (See our video feature on Grill Stars Thursday morning on Union City Patch.)
- Follow them @grillstars
- One of the first food trucks, and the most consistent, to visit Union City, MoGo BBQ is a local favorite. The truck specializes in Korean BBQ served in burritos, tacos, sliders, quesadillas and bacon-wrapped hot dogs with kimchi.
- Follow them @mogobbq
- Cupcakes – yummy, specialty cupcakes – are the stars of this gourmet truck. Flavors range from Salted Caramel and Maple Bacon to Red Velvet and Chocolate Vanilla.
- Follow them @ThatsSweetTruck
- Tikka Bytes is known for its Indian street food served in an American way. The menu features rice bowls, burritos and a "Naanwich." Other Indian dishes like Tikka Masala and Shahi Korma are also available.
- Follow them @TikkaBytesTruck
- Making its Union City debut, Twisted Chill offers self-serve soft-serve with eight rotating flavors and more than 20 toppings that include fresh organic fruit, candies, cereals and more.
- Follow them @chilltruck
- This truck specializes in noodle entrees, including Vietnamese noodle soups, vermicelli bowls and Pad Thai.
- Follow them @WholeBowlTruck
Gourmet Food Truck Festival dates (additional dates to be added):
- June 30, 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- July 14, 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- July 28, 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Location: Walmart, Union Landing Shopping Center, 30600 Dyer St., Union City.