, which was , is offering an action-packed, fun-filled youth summer camp for children ages 6 to 14.
Held the weeks July 9 (for ages 6-9) and July 16 (ages 10-14), the camps will offer kids "the complete package of martial arts," said of Dragons Den MMA.
"Our goal as mentors is to teach these kids how to fully express themselves, truthfully and honestly, while having a good time and enjoying summer," said Macalolooy, a professional MMA fighter and instructor. "I highly recommend this camp to anyone who is looking to further their understanding of the martial arts and themselves. Plus, we'll be playing cool games like dodgeball, having water balloon fights at the park, participating in mini-camp competitions, and watching martial arts movies."
Each day of the five-day camp will focus on different concepts of martial arts and movement (see images for full details):
- Day 1: Earth — "The element of substance." Lessons will teach students the concept of "neutral jing," which involves waiting for the moment to strike. Games and activities will include ladder drills, tug of war, a sumo tournament and movies.
- Day 2: Fire — "The element of power." Lessons will focus on power and the teaching of techniques such as the dragon sweep and kip up. Games and activities will include dodgeball, kickball and knee football.
- Day 3: Air — "The element of freedom." Lessons will focus on flexibility and teach the spinning back fist and balancing techniques. Games and activities will include ultimate frisbee, egg toss and movies.
- Day 4: Water — "The element of change." Lessons will focus on grace and how to act in concert with the environment. Techniques taught this day include rolls, jiu-jitsu and underhook swim. Games and activities include snakes in the grass, a water balloon fight and movies.
- Day 5: Avatar — "A synthesis of the elements; mastery of self." The day will recap the lessons, techniques and principles taught throughout the week and include sumo and joust tournaments.
The cost of the camp is $260 for the week.
For more information, contact Dragons Den at 510-477-6800 or email Jon.Macalolooy@DragonsDenMMA.com.