The Food Truck Mafia returns to Union City for the debut of , a new weekly mobile food gathering and fundraiser for the New Haven Teachers Association.
The event will be held every Tuesday from 4:30 to 9 p.m. in the James Logan High School parking lot through Dec. 18. It will also feature live entertainment from Logan clubs and programs. (.)
Tonight's even will feature 10 trucks, according to event coordinator April Bibbins.
Here's what's on the menu:
- This truck knows everything there is to know about the shrimp'n business. Their menu includes spicy shrimp tacos, Vietnamese-style shrimp sandwiches, fried shrimp and more.
- Follow them @BiggShrimpn
- Inspired by Asian street food, this popular Bay Area food truck features steamed and baked buns filled with savory stuffings of your choosing, including pork belly, duck, red sesame chicken and braised pork.
- Follow them @chairmantruck
- Craving curry in a hurry? This truck has got you covered. Curry Up Now, which also has a restaurant in San Mateo, serves up unique Indian street foods. Their menu includes Tikka Masala Burritos, Deconstructed Samosas (potato and pea samosas topped with mini-samosas, spicy chickpea curry, tomatoes, onions, sauces and your choice of ground beef, chicken or Indian cheese), Sexy Fries (sweet potato fries in masala with your choice of chicken or paneer), and more.
- Follow them @curryupnow
- Also from Fremont, this truck specializes in huge philly cheesesteaks, hoagies and other gourmet American sandwiches stuffed with meat, cheese and peppers.
- Follow them @grillazgonewild
- This Fremont-based American BBQ food truck makes sure each visit is a new experience by switching up their menu every week. Keeping fans in suspense, they release their menu the day of the festival. Stay tuned to their Facebook page to find out what's they're cooking up today. Those hungry — and daring — enough can also try to take on their .
- Follow them @grillstars
- One of the first food trucks to visit Union City, MoGo BBQ is a local favorite. The truck specializes in Korean BBQ served in burritos, tacos, sliders, quesadillas and bacon-wrapped hot dogs with kimchi.
- Follow them @mogobbq
- From the Hawaiian-inspired Teri-Beef Meatball Loco Moco and the Filipino-like beer boiled Longanisa (sausage) sliders to Lynchee-Walnut Shrimp skewers and various types of fries, this truck is sure to satisfy your tastebuds.
- Follow them @ricerockit
- A blending of Chinese, Filipino and soul food, Soulnese offers unique items such as their Soul Stix (seasoned prawns served on a hot link), Mac N Roll (egg rolls stuffed with mac and cheese), Mama's Fried Chicken and Soulnese Garlice Fries with Tender Pork Strips.
- Follow them @soulnese
- Appearing three weeks in a row at Union City Eats is San Francisco-based Sanguchon, which specializes in hearty Peruvian sandwiches made with a variety of meats, including pulled pork, steak, braised chicken and chicharron. The truck also offers home made fruit drinks.
- Follow them @Sanguchon_SF
- Cupcakes — yummy, specialty cupcakes — the stars of this gourmet truck. Flavors range from Salted Caramel to Red Velvet. They also bake up whoopie pies.
- Follow them @ThatsSweetTruck
Location: , 1800 H Street, Union City (event will be held in parking lot on corner of Alvarado-Niles Road and Hartnell Street).