returns today to the James Logan High School parking lot with nine trucks to serve up tasty treats.
Hosted by the Food Truck Mafia, the event a fundraiser for the New Haven Teachers Association, runs from 4:30 to 9 p.m. (Food Truck Mafia also hosts at Union Landing.)
Here's what's on the menu for tonight:
- New to the street eats scene, 3-3-3 brings together Indian, Korean and Mexican food in a one-stop shop. Served in either tacos or burritos, customers can choose from three items from each culture: carne asada, chipotle chicken or chile verde for Mexican; short rib, spicy bbq chick or mushroom tofu for Korean; and lamb curry, chicken tikka and paneer tikka for Indian. You can also mix and match your items in combo deals.
- Follow them @333Truck
- This truck knows everything there is to know about the shrimp'n business. Their menu includes spicy shrimp tacos, Vietnamese-style shrimp sandwiches, fried shrimp and more.
- Follow them @BiggShrimpn
- This Oakland-based truck specializes in artisan burgers and sandwiches made with fresh ingredients from local sources. The meat, purchased from a Bay Area market, is freshly ground each morning. The owner even hand-makes his own mayonnaise (three different flavors).
- Follow them @FiveTenBurger
- Want some warm bread full of delicious meats and cheese? Enter Grillaz. New this year, this Fremont-based food truck specializes in hoagies and gourmet sandwiches, including Philly cheesesteaks.
- Follow them @grillazgonewild
- From the Hawaiian-inspired Teri-Beef Meatball Loco Moco and the Filipino-like beer boiled Longanisa (sausage) sliders to Lynchee-Walnut Shrimp skewers and various types of fries, this truck is sure to satisfy your tastebuds.
- Follow them @ricerockit
Tacos De Los Altos
- Tacos de los Altos offers traditional Mexican taco truck items, including tacos and burritos.
- Cupcakes — yummy, specialty cupcakes — are the stars of this gourmet truck. Flavors range from Salted Caramel to Red Velvet. They also bake up whoopie pies.
- Follow them @ThatsSweetTruck
- This gourmet ice cream and dessert serves up homemade, all natural "sinfully sweet concoctions." They also off mochas, lattes, shakes and floats
- Follow them @TruckinSweet
- This food truck out of Santa Clara says its the first of its kind. We Sushi serves us fresh sushi and sushi rolls and its team said they shop from fresh fish markets every morning.
- Follow them @we_sushi
Location: , 1800 H Street, Union City (event will be held in parking lot on corner of Alvarado-Niles Road and Hartnell Street).