Here are five things going on around town this week that you need to know about:
- is holding an indoor skydiving competition this Tuesday and Wednesday, May 15-16. Practice rounds are included. Compete in four categories: vertical formation skydiving, freefly, and neo-freestyle. Prizes include free flying time and cool wind tunnel gear. For more information, including fees and how to register, click here.
- Don't forget - this Wednesday night, May 16, is the ! For $15, you get to sample dishes from 15 different restaurants in the Union Landing area. Proceeds benefit charitable Lions Club causes in the community. Only $300 ticket books will be sold, so act fast! To purchase, call Bill Stone at 510-673-0093, or Gloria Gutierrez at 510-475-4110. For more information about the Lions Club of Union City, click here.
- will host its annual this Saturday, May 19 at 7:30 p.m. - a beautiful cultural dance presentation by students, directed by school counselor and faculty advisor Jaime Huertas. Tickets are expected to sell out, so get yours before the chance is gone. Pricing is $15 for adults, $12 for students and $10 for children. For more information, contact Huertas at 510-471-2520, ext. 60124 or email@example.com.
- Love cake? Fancy yourself a master cake decorator? Join the tonight - Monday, May 14 - at 7 p.m. at Christ the King Church, 1301 Mowry Ave., for demonstrations, tips, ideas, and cameraderie. The club meets on the second Monday of each month. Meetings are free. For more information, contact Linda at 510-794-7002.
- This Saturday, May 19, is the 19th annual , to be held at the at 32975 Alvarado-Niles Road in Union City. The festival features live ethnic performances performed by visiting performers and local residents from Taiwan, Japan, the Philippines, Thailand, and other Asian Pacific countries. There will be over 200 performers, and tasty ethnic food from several cultures to enjoy. This free event is from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information, click here.
Find more events on our calendar. Are we missing an event? Add it here.