Join the Bay Area's Indian community as they celebrate the 20th Annual Festival of Indian.
Hosted by the Federation of Indian Associations, the two-day cultural celebration will be held Aug. 18 and 19 in Fremont, with the main site located in the area of 39439 Paseo Padre Parkway.
Festivities include a grand parade, dance competitions, Bollywood stars, singers, a free health fair, cultural programs and 130 vendor booths offering cloths, arts and crafts and flavorful food.
Schedule highlights include:
Saturday, Aug 18
- Free Health Fair: 10 a.m. to noon
- Mela (fair): 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Dance competition: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday, Aug 19
- Mela (fair): 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Cultural program: 10 to 11 a.m.
- Parade: noon to 2 p.m.
- Awards Celebration: 2 to 3 p.m.
- Bollywood Musical Extravaganza: 3 to 6:30 p.m.
Tickets are $5 per day and can also be purchased in advance online.