Heads up! Here are five things going on this week that you should know about:
- Want to save money on your energy bill and help the environment? with Rising Sun Energy Center. Both renters and homeowners can receive free energy-efficient lightbulbs and other cost-effective appliances. Appointments are available from now through Aug. 19. For more info, .
- Have your say in the future of Bay Area transportation. On Thursday, the from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at . The forum will include an open house and presentations on projects and improvements throughout the county, such as the Union City Intermodal Station, Dumbarton Rail Corridor, BART extensions to Warm Springs and Irvington stations, and more.
- Join Aaaahz Youth Theatre for their production of this Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m. at . Directed by Erin Reis, the fun-filled play features local youth's take on the classic tale in a creative, exhilarating fashion. Tickets are $15. An additional show will be held on Sunday at 2:30 p.m.
- If laughter is the secret to long life, then Paddy's Coffee House is the place to be Thursday night for . Hosted by Molly Sokhom, the free event promises "lattes and laughs" and will be headlined by Dave Thomason.
- You don't have to go far for a romantic evening of wine tasting. Join Vida y Vino Wine Bistro in Fremont Saturday for . For $25, guests can taste five wines and enjoy an assortment of sandwiches, cheeses, vegetables and more. The proceeds from the event will benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The event als includes raffle prizes and a DJ who will be spinning throughout the evening.