Heads up! Here are five things going on this week that you should know about:
- Union City Leisure Services and the Union City Sports Center are continuing their summer sports activities this week, starting tonight with the from 8 to 10 p.m. The event is held weekly every Monday. Also this week is , held every Wednesday from 7 to 9 p.m. and from 7 to 9 on Fridays. Will you be the last one standing? For more information regarding either event, call (510) 675-5805 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are you an extreme coupon clipper? If so, you're not alone. Join the . A meetup will be held on Wednesday from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Panera on Mowry Avenue in Fremont. Fellow couponers are invited to trade coupons as well as bring expired coupons to be sent to Military bases overseas where coupons may be used up to six months past their expiration dates.
- Community members are invited to participate in free yoga classes on Saturday and Sunday in celebration of . Drop by from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on either day and take as many free classes as you'd like. Visitors can try a variety of yoga styles and sign up for discounted introductory offers. The grand opening celebration will also include healthy snacks and live music.
- Everything will be purple on Saturday for the Union City Relay for Life's second annual . From 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., "Purple People Greeters" will be on the corner of Alvarado-Niles Road and Central Avenue to encourage community members to dine at Mexico Lindo, where 25 percent of the bill will be donated for Union City's Relay for Life, which will be held next month.
- , the author of "Secrets of the Olympic Ceremonies," on Sunday at 3 p.m. at the Union City Library. Garcia's book reveals behind–the scenes secrets of Olympic ceremonies.