Heads up! Here are five things going on this week that you need to know about:
- ! After winning big at the recent Reno AAU West Coast Championship, the Tri-Cities youth athletics club is now on their way to the AAU Track and Field National Junior Olympics in Texas. But they can't make it without the community's support. The club is hoping to raise $10,000 by this Friday, July 13, and is accepting donations via their . Let's get them to the championship so they can bring us back some titles!
- Union City Leisure Services and the Union City Sports Center are continuing their summer sports activities this week, starting tonight with the from 8 to 10 p.m. The event is held weekly every Monday. Also this week is , held every Wednesday from 7 to 9 p.m. Will you be the last one standing? For more information regarding either event, call (510) 675-5805 or email email@example.com.
- The Union City Chamber of Commerce is calling on the local business community to come out and mingle with city staff and elected officials for the annual this Thursday. Held at noon at Civic Center Park, the event will provide an opportunity to meet and get to know the local leaders, along with others in the business community, over an outdoor Texas Roadhouse lunch.
- If laughter is the secret to long life, then Paddy's Coffee House is the place to be Friday night for . Hosted by Molly Sokhom, the free event promises "lattes and laughs" and will be headlined by Greg Asdourian.
- Get ready for Newark's fourth annual this Saturday and Sunday at NewPark Mall! Featuring live music, artisan microbrews and wine, a kid's zone, food trucks and more, this free weekend-long event promises to be fun for the entire family. See the event schedule and more information .