Here are five things going on this week that you need to know about:
- Help save lives by for the 2012 Donate Life Walk, which will be held Sept. 8 at Lake Elizabeth in Fremont. The event will raise money to honor donor families and inspire others to donate their organs, too. Community members of all ages are encouraged to sign up for the event and form teams. The early registration fee is $30 for adults and $10 for youth. For more information, .
- Join fitness instructor Heidi Oatis for , the latest workout craze that's been sweeping the nation. Free sessions are held from 6 to 8 p.m. any day this week at Dans' di Ballo' dance studio, located at 29300 Kohoutek Way, Ste 170. For more info, call 510-304-1817 or email ZumbawithHeidi@yahoo.com.
- Tonight, join students from the Tri-City area as they're honored for their work to encourage residents to vote. A will be held at 7 p.m. tonight in the Fukaya room of the Fremont Main Library, located at 2400 Stevenson Blvd. in Fremont. The contest was sponsored by the League of Women Voters.
- Is your kid the next Lebron James? Then bring your fifth and sixth grader out to Eastin Elementary School this Wednesday for for boys. Bay Area Bossez is an AAU nonprofit boys and girls basketball organization serving the East Bay. Wednesday's tryouts will be held from 6:30 to 8 p.m. in the Eastin gym.
- Test your luck and compete for a chance to win hundreds of dollars at either of two weekly bingo nights in Union City. Each Thursday is , located 30846 Watkins St. The weekly event starts at 6 p.m. (doors open at 4:30 p.m.) and comes with a free dinner. Then on Friday, it's the . A local tradition since 1998, the Friday night event starts at 5 p.m. and includes free coffee and tea.