Heads up! Here are five things going on this week that you should know about:
- Baby baggage adding extra pounds? Join , a total fitness program designed for moms to workout while entertaining and engaging their babies. The program includes power walking, strength exercises and other workouts intertwined with singing and activities for the babies, too. The group meets Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 9 a.m. on the second floor of NewPark Mall in front of the Sears store. Classes are also held Sunday afternoons in Fremont. The first class is free, with regular classes starting at $15 a session. For more information, click here.
- Help raise money for this weekend's Relay for Life when you eat at T.G.I. Friday's on Monday. Stop by any time throughout the day, , and 25 percent of your bill will be donated to . Relay for Life, a 24-hour walk/run for cancer awareness, will be held this weekend starting at 10 a.m. on Saturday and continuing until 10 a.m. Sunday. The public is invited to attend as there will be plenty of entertainment, games, raffle booths and special ceremonies.
- Catch the final of the summer Thursday night. Starting at 8:15 p.m., join host Molly Sokhom and her crew of comics for "lattes and laughs." The show will be headlined by Bay Area comedian Kevin Munroe.
- Join Purple Monkey Yoga for their “.” Friends of Purple Monkey members can attend strength and flexibility classes at 6:30 p.m. and candlelight yoga at 8 p.m. for free every Friday this month. If you don't have an "in" at the yoga studio, don't fret, classes are only $10 a session.
- , star and creator of hit PBS show Signing Time!, which introduces sign language to children ages 1 through 8, this Sunday at the Center for Performing Arts at James Logan High School. Tickets range from $1 for infants, $10 for children, $25 adults and $35 for VIP packages. Click here for more information and to purchase tickets online (disregard the fact that they refer to Union City as "Fremont").