Update: The San Mateo Bridge will be open this weekend.
Heads up! Here are five things going on this week that you should know about:
- As it does the fourth Monday of every month, the Washington On Wheels Mobile Health Clinic returns to the Ralph and Mary Ruggieri Senior Center today from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The mobile clinic provides health care to uninsured and underserved residents. To make an appointment, or for more information, call 510-608-3203.
- Learn about SAVE (Safe Alternatives to Violent Environments), a vital community resource that helps domestic violence survivors overcome and walk away from lives of violence, during their free "Open Doors" event this Thursday. "Open Doors" will introduce the community to their array of services. The event will be held from noon to 1:30 p.m. at a location in Union City, which will be given to those who RSVP. Those interested in attending must RSVP by calling Tina at 510-574-2266. To learn more about SAVE and the impact of domestic violence on individuals and families, read our Union City Patch feature story here.
- Get in the Halloween spirit by hunting ghosts during Hayward Area Historical Society's Paranormal Investigations at Meek Mansion and McConaghy House Friday and Saturday. Starting at 6:30 p.m. each night, the event will include a tour, a presentation and time to explore the houses on your own. Dinner will be provided Friday night. Tickets are $75 per night or $100 for both nights. Call Heather at 510-581-2516 for more information.
- Good news for weekend travelers: the San Mateo Bridge will be open this weekend! Originally scheduled to be closed for repairs, Caltrans officials announced Sunday night that work was ahead of schedule and will not require a second weekend closure.
- Party down and help raise money for the Ruggieri Senior Center Come at their MonsterCashBash this Saturday from 5 to 10 p.m. The event includes food, costumes music and a silent auction with great prizes such as a Las Vegas getaway and autographed pictures of sports legends Joe Montana, Tim Brown and Ricky Henderson. Tickets are $30 per person or $55 per couple. For more details, click here.