Heads up! Here are five things going on this week that you should know about:
- Want to save money on your energy bill and help the environment? with Rising Sun Energy Center. Both renters and homeowners can receive free energy-efficient light bulbs and other cost-effective appliances. The offer ends this week. Appointments are available up until Thursday, Aug. 9. For more info, .
- This year's Relay for Life will be here sooner than you think. If you're on the fence about participating in the 24-hour run/walk for cancer awareness, then join organizers and fellow participants for the second to last on Monday night at the New Haven Teachers Association office, located at 32980 Alvarado Niles Rd., Ste 812. Relay for Life, a national fundraiser for the American Cancer Society, will take place on Aug. 25 and 26 at James Logan High School.
- It's time to take a stand against crime! Join fellow Union City residents and local law enforcement for this Tuesday night. The citywide event aims to strengthen communities and help reduce crime. From 5 to 9 p.m. on Tuesday, residents in neighborhoods throughout Union City will join neighbors, UCPD, the Alameda County Fire Department and city officials for dinner, public safety demonstrations, games and fun. This year, the city has designated four "official" National Night Out locations: , , and . The Tamarack Knolls Neighborhood Watch group, residents of the Town and Country neighborhood, and community members of the Williams Way and Davis Street area are also holding smaller block parties. For more information, .
- You're invited to attend the this Thursday from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the Tri-City Health Center Liberty Clinic, located at 39500 Liberty Street in Fremont. During the event, the click will honor five patients from the community, along with a special recognition for Senator Ellen Corbett for her commitment to public health care. To attend, RSVP to Cristina Torres at (510) 252-6864 or email@example.com.
- Check out cool classic rides as local senior citizens proudly display their vintage cars and trucks for the this Saturday from 9 a.m to 4 p.m. at the Ruggieri Senior Center. The event will also include oldies music, refreshments, a BBQ fundraiser, raffle prizes and more. (.)