Here are five things going on this week that you need to know about:
- Got a great story to share? Senior library member Suzanne Ortt, a frequent contributor to the Tri-City Voice, will help you . The group will meet Tuesday at the from 1 to 3 p.m. to help you organize your thoughts and ideas and share your work with one another, if you feel comfortable with doing so. For more information, contact Suzanne Ortt at 510-489-3793 or email@example.com, or call the Union City Library at 510-745-1464.
- Calling all small business owners! Learn how to manage and grow your business in , Superintendent of Public Works at the City of Union City. The workshop will be held Wednesday at the . Throughout the series, you'll learn about budgeting, marketing, personnel management, labor relations and more. For more information, contact Sealana at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Feeling lucky? Then t this Thursday from 8 am. to 6:30 p.m. You DO NOT have to be a senior; any adult is welcome to attend. The cost of the trip is $25 for senior center members and $30 for non-members, which includes round trip bus transportation, $15 slot or $20 table play and a $5 food credit. Space is limited. To reserve your seat or for more information please call, 510-675-5495.
- Help . When you drop in from 4 to 9 p.m. for your juicy burger, present them with and 20 percent of your purchase will go toward Union City's Relay for Life event, which will be held Aug. 25 at James Logan High School.
- Join the East Bay Regional Park District for their this Saturday at Quarry Lakes. From 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., the outdoor family event aims to promote healthy and active lifestyles. The festival will feature live music, entertainment, food trucks, cooking demos, healthy food, natural programs, numerous vendors and more. To see the full lineup of entertainment, vendors and sponsors, click here. For additional information, visit www.ebparks.org or call 1-888-327-2757.