Heads up! Here are five things going on this week that you should know about:
- Tonight is ladies night — on the soccer field! Drop in for from 8 to 10 p.m. The event is held weekly every Monday. Bring your girls or roll solo. Staff will divide players into teams each night. Teams will compete in a short-sided format on a 30-by-60 yard field. For more information, call (510) 675-5805 or email email@example.com.
- Do you have a story to share? Join the memoir writing group at the Union City Library on Tuesday from 1 to 3 p.m. Led by senior library member and Tri-City Voice contributor Suzanne Ortt, the meeting will allow attendees to exchange and share ideas. Bring a pen and paper. For more info,contact Suzanne Ortt at 510-489-3793 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be the last man standing Wednesday for at the Union City Sports Center. From 7 to 9 p.m., men, women and children can show off how elusive they are. It costs $7 for Union City adults ($12 non-resident) and $5 for Union City youth ($10 non-resident) to participate. Children 16 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. For more information call (510) 675-5805 or email email@example.com.
- If you're coping with advanced cancer, you're not alone. Join Kaiser Permanente Union City's every Thursday from 10:30 a.m. to noon at the Union City Kaiser Building A, Second Floor, in rooms U 2B and U 2C. The group will allow individuals to share their stories and explore strategies to live better. The free event is open to the public and no pre-registration is required. For more info, contact Ginny Carter at (510) 784-6055.
- , author of "Ying's Best One-Dish Meals: Quick & Healthy Recipes for the Entire Family," this Sunday at the Union City Library. The book is a collection of quick and healthy cooking tips. Books will be available for purchase and Compestine will be available for autographs.