Here are five things coming up this week that you should know about:
- As it does the fourth Monday of every month, the returns to the today from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The mobile clinic provides health care to uninsured and underserved residents. To make an appointment, or for more information, call 510-608-3203.
- Union City Mayor Mark Green at tonight at 7 p.m. Learn about his plans for election and found out how to get involved in his campaign. Green is one of several candidates running to represent the new 20th Assembly District, which includes Union City, Ashland, Castro Valley, Hayward, San Lorenzo and parts of Fremont and Sunol.
- Learn about SAVE (Safe Alternatives to Violent Environments), a vital community resource that helps domestic violence survivors overcome and walk away from lives of violence, during on Thursday, Jan. 26. Held at the from noon to 1:30 p.m., Open Doors will introduce the community to their array of services. A client will also share her experience. Those interested in attending must RSVP today (Monday) by calling 510-574-2266.
- Join the Union City Chamber of Commerce on Saturday, Jan. 28 from 11 a.m to 2 p.m. at of their newly remodeled Our Lady of Fatima burial section and crematorium. The event will serve as a Chamber networking mixer and will include entertainment and refreshments.
- Save your appetite for Saturday, Jan. 28 — there's not one, but two crab feeds in Union City. The to raise funds for the various community programs the club supports. Nearby, the to raise funds for the church, also at 5 p.m. Tickets for both events are $40. For more information about the Lions Club crab feed, . For information about the SACBC crab feed, .