Here are five things going on this week that you need to know about:
- The League of Women Voters of Fremont, Newark and Union City are holding tonight at the Union City Council Chambers. Starting at 7 p.m., the first half hour will be dedicated to discussing , a $180 per parcel New Haven Unified School District tax measure. From 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., the League will interview State Assembly candidates Sarabjit Cheema, Mark Green, Jennifer Ong, Bill Quirk and Luis Reynoso.
- This Tuesday and Thursday, join fitness instructor Heidi Oatis for , the latest workout craze that's been sweeping the nation. Join Heidi from 6 to 8 p.m. both days at Dans' di Ballo' dance studio, located at 29300 Kohoutek Way, Ste 170. For more info, call 510-304-1817 or email ZumbawithHeidi@yahoo.com.
- Bring the kids out to the for . From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., the free community fair will feature food, games, face painting, martial arts lessons and live entertainment. Performances include a magic show, a martial arts demo and Bollywood, Thai and Hawaiian dances.
- Attention all comic fans, swing by this Saturday from noon to 7 p.m. for . The store, located at 3902 Smith St., will give out free comic books throughout the day. In honor of the occasion, the store is also having a sale on all other items. There will also be a raffle and free giveaways.
- Help raise funds to support extra and co-curricular programs in the New Haven Unified School District by participating in the this Sunday. The race — a 5k/10k fun run — begins at 9 a.m. at Cesar Chavez Middle School and continues along the Alameda Creek Regional Trail. The event also has shorter runs and relays for children. Registration fees are $10 for students grades K-8; $15 for high school runners; $25.00 for general pre-registration for the 5K & 10K runners; and $40.00 for kids relay teams. Register online today. For more information, .
Find more events on our calendar. Are we missing an event? Add it here.