This year the U.S. Marine Corps' Toys for Tots drive has received more than 80,000 requests for toys.
That's pretty amazing for a charity that started 65 years ago in Los Angeles with a single toy made by the wife of a Marine Corps major.
There are dozens of places where you can donate new, unwrapped toys in western Alameda County.
To find a spot nearest you, enter your zip code on the Alameda County Toys for Tot website. Donations are being accepted through Friday.
You can also donate cash to the program online here.
Please note, the Oakland Mayor's office has issued an alert to beware of possible Toys for Tots scams. Collection boxes should be properly labeled with Toys for Tot stickers in the upper left corner or on one side of the box.
Here's a list of local fire stations accepting toys:
- Alameda County Fire Station No. 27, 39039 Cherry St., Newark
- Alameda County Fire Station No. 28, 6170 Thornton Ave., Newark
- Alameda County Fire Station No. 29, 35775 Ruschin Dr., Newark
- Alameda County Fire Station No. 31, 33555 Central Ave., Union City
- Alameda County Fire Station No.33, 33942 7th Street, Union City
For a list of other local businesses accepting toy donations, click here.