It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit this weekend.
- Where/When: , 6800 Mowry Ave., Newark; Friday, 7 to 10 p.m.
- Why Go: Kids grades 6 to 12 will be in for a treat as the night will feature games, inflatable equipment, food and surprises (that's the "mysterious" part). Come find out what they are.
- Pricing: $5, free for Silliman Center six-month pass holders
- Where/When: , 1333 Decoto Rd., Union City; from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and from 1:30 to 7 p.m.
- Why Go: Try out for either "The Wizard of Oz" (ages 5-12) or "Jekyll & Hyde The Musical" (ages 13-21), which open at James Logan High School in July and San Leandro Arts Education Center in August, respectively.
- Pricing: Free to audition, theatre tuition is $350.
- Where/When:, 6300 Civic Terrace Ave., Newark; Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Why Go: Learn cool hairstyling techniques with a licensed cosmetologist. Registration is required. Sign up at the at the Newark Library info desk or call Barbara at (510) 795-2627 x20 or email email@example.com.
- Pricing: Free.
- Where/When: , 3900 Smith St., Union City; Saturday from noon to 2 p.m.
- Why Go: See what Live105 and the San Francisco Bay Gaurdian are raving about by catching Union City singer-songwriter Doe Eye live with Cosmic Machine.
- Pricing: Free.
NEWARK CRAB FEEDS
- Where/When: , Newark (for the Golden Gate Boys Choir and Bellringers) and (for Newark Memorial Athletics); both Saturday at 6 p.m.
- Why Go: Pig out while helping either the Golden Gate Boys Choir or Newark Memorial High School's athletics department. For more information about Golden Gate Boys Choir crab feed, . For information about Newark Memorial athletics department's crab feed, .
- Pricing: $12 to $40