It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit this weekend.
- Where/When: , 1800 H St., Union City; Friday at 7 p.m.
- Why Go: Support your team, or just come out for the laughs, as the Newark Memorial and James Logan duke it out in a night of competitive comedy.
- Pricing: $3 in advance, $5 at the door
- Where/When: , 31224 Union City Blvd., Union City; Saturday from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Why Go: Make good on your New Year's resolution. Led by a certified personal trainer and nutritionist, the seminar will help you set goals and provide attendes wit quick and easy recipes.
- Pricing: $12 for Sports Center members, $15 for Union City residents, $18 for non-residents
- Where/When: , 32992 Mission Blvd., Hayward; Saturday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Why Go: Join the Union City Chamber of Commerce as Chapel of the Chimes unveils their newly remodeled Our Lady of Fatima burial section and crematorium. The event will serve as a Chamber networking mixer and will include entertainment and refreshments.
- Pricing: Free
CRAB FEEDS (Yes, two of them!)
- Where/When: and (for the ), Union City; both Saturday at 5 p.m.
- Why Go: Help raise funds for the various community programs the Union City Lions Club supports, or help support the Southern Alameda County Buddhist Church. For more information about the Lions Club crab feed, . For information about the SACBC crab feed, .
- Pricing: $40 for either event
- Where/When: NewPark Mall (Center Court), 2086 NewPark Mall, Newark; Sunday from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- Why Go: Join Halau Kamakani Waianuhea for Hawaiian dancing, singing and live music at NewPark Mall's Center Court.
- Pricing: Free.