t’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit this weekend.
- Where/When: , 3900 Smith St, Union City; Friday from 8:30 to 10 p.m.
- Why Go: Start your weekend with laughs at the Moso Comedy's standup showcase, which features comedians Lydia Popovich, Big Al Gonzalez, Imran G., Clara Bijl, Patrick McDermott, Matt Curry and headliner Kaseem Bentley.
- Pricing: Free.
- Where/When: , 1800 H St, Union City; Saturday from 2:30 to 10 p.m.
- Why Go: You can watch 25 marching bands compete in this annual competition. Cheer on the Logan band, which holds 13 Western Band Association Championship titles.
- Pricing: $15 for general admission; $12 for students; and free for children 5 and under
- Where/When: , 703 C St, Union City; Saturday from 4 to 9 p.m.
- Why Go: Support local artist Oscar Barragan as he unveils new works, which feature intricately detailed surreal and abstract paintings.
- Pricing: Free
- Where/When: , 1800 H St, Union City; Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Why Go: You can have fun while helping ensure children have a merry Christmas by donating toys to the New Haven Teachers Association's annual toy drive. The event also features a car show with more than 150 cars scheduled to be exhibited. Food trucks and a DJ will also be on-site.
- Pricing: A new, unwrapped toy
- Where/When: Paddy's Coffee House, 3900 Smith St, Union City; Sunday from 4 to 6 p.m.
- Why Go: Experience "yOUR journey," an interactive journal that aims to inspire women to recognize their strength, courage and wisdom. The release gathering features live readings from contributing writers.
- Pricing: Free