The Union City Chamber of Commerce will once again celebrate community leaders at their annual Spirit Awards Luncheon on Wednesday.
The annual event, now in its ninth year, recognizes individuals who have made great contributions to the residents and businesses in Union City in areas of community participation, work and family.
“The award is granted to the ‘unsung hero/heroine,’ and is meant to recognize individuals and members of our community who have not been recognized in any major way, but whose contributions are substantial nonetheless,” according to a press release.
This year, the Chamber will honor four individuals and one business:
- Business: Angus Cochran of the Washington Hospital Healthcare Foundation
- Education: Craig Boyan of the New Haven Unified School District
- Government: Bruce Vance, police officer with the Union City Police Department
- Volunteer Service: Gloria Gutierrez, Sign-A-Rama
- Best Green Business: St. Anne’s Parish
The Spirit Awards luncheon will be held Wednesday, March 20 beginning at noon at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, located at 32083 Alvarado-Niles Rd. in Union City.