Fair fans have reason to celebrate as Alameda County Fair
announces plans to bring back its 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular, along with
exciting new additions for 2014. To commemorate the event, this year’s Fair is themed “Taste the Red, White & Blue.”
The Fair opens this year on Wed. June 18th and runs through Sun. July 6th
Tuesday through Sunday each week). As in past years, Opening Day attendees will
enjoy $1 admission and $1 rides.
Fairgoers can look forward to more summer night fun as the Fair extends its hours of operation from 11am – 11pm, daily. FREE concerts are back at a new time, 8pm every night, and feature top-name acts such as Night Ranger, Eddie Money, Con Funk Shun, and Creedence Clearwater Revisited.
And for those who like being up close at the show, there’s more good news: for the first time ever, the Fair is offering early entry wristbands to the first 300 in line daily from 2-3pm for the concert each night.
A fireworks show and video presentation, “A Tribute to Alameda County,” follows the concerts each night at 9:45pm. On July 4th, the Blues Festival runs all day from 1pm-9pm, followed by the Fireworks Spectacular at 9:45pm.
Also new this year, the first annual Fair Food SNACKDOWN where the Fair’s own food vendors offer up their best new, original creations for the ultimate taste test. A live judging event to decide the champions will be held at the Fair on Tuesday, June 24th Fair Favorites will be back including horseracing, exhibits, animals, food, rides, games, pig races, kids attractions, special event days and more.
A complete schedule is available on the Fair’s website atwww.alamedacountyfair.com. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter offer additional information, previews, updates, contests and giveaways.
- Dates: June 18 – July 6 (Open Tuesday – Sunday)
- Hours: 11am-11pm daily
- Horse Racing: Thursday through Sunday, June 19-22, June 26-29, and July 3-6
- Big O Tires FREE Concerts: 8pm nightly, followed by “A Tribute to Alameda County” video and special effects at 9:45pm
- July 4th: Blues Festival, 1-9pm, Fireworks Spectacular, 9:45pm
- Adults (13-61) $10
- Seniors (62+) $8
- Kids (6-12) $8
- Children under 6 – FREE
- Season Pass (admission for all 17 days) - $30
- Fun Pack (4 general admission tickets and 1 parking pass) - $30
- Opening Day: June 18, $1 Admission & $1 Rides
- $2 Tuesdays: June 24 & July 1, $2 admission
- Seniors FREE Thursdays (62+) – June 19, June 27, & July 3
- Kids FREE Fridays (12 and under) – June 20, June 27, & July 4
- Feed the Need Food Drive & $1 Rides, benefitting Alameda County Food Bank. (Bring 4 non-perishable food items and receive FREE admission) – June 24
- Military Appreciation, FREE Fair admission with valid Military ID - Daily
- 6/18 – LeAnn Rimes
- 6/19 – Eddie Money
- 6/21 – Creedence Clearwater Revisited
- 6/24 – Evolution (Journey Tribute)
- 6/25 – Con Funk Shun
- 7/6 --- Night Ranger
Do you plan on attending the fair this summer? Do you have a favorite attraction? Tell us in the comments section.