FREMONT, Calif., November 25, 2013—Fremont Bank Foundation, a philanthropic arm of Fremont Bank, is donating $80,000 to local nonprofits as part of its eighth annual holiday grant program. Centerville Free Dining Room, Centro de Servicios, Tri-City Volunteers, Tri-City Breakfast Program, Our Lady of the Rosary Church, and Viola Blythe Community Service Center are among the recipients and will receive $5000 each to help feed community residents this holiday season.
Each year, Fremont Bank Foundation partners with local nonprofits to provide food and basic necessities to individuals and families in need. The foundation prioritizes giving to organizations that serve food or distribute food baskets to those with the greatest needs in the communities Fremont Bank serves. This year, the foundation more than doubled from last year the total amount given to partnering nonprofits, as well as increased the dollar amount given to each of its 16 recipients.
“Despite an improving economy, the need for free food is still great as many residents struggle to make ends meet,” said Marie-Pascale Peterson, director of community outreach at Fremont Bank. “We are pleased to partner with dedicated organizations to ensure more individuals and families in our communities enjoy a brighter holiday season.”
The following nonprofits are receiving a $5,000 grant from Fremont Bank Foundation:
- Castro Valley Outreach (Castro Valley)
- Centerville Free Dining Room (Fremont)
- Centro de Servicios (Union City)
- Davis Street Family Resource Center (San Leandro)
- Food Bank for Monterey County
- International Orphan Relief Foundation (Brentwood)
- Loaves and Fishes (Contra Costa County)
- Martha's Kitchen (San Jose)
- Open Heart Kitchen (Livermore)
- Our Lady of the Rosary Church (Union City)
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul (Contra Costa County)
- South Hayward Parish (Hayward)
- St. Anthony Foundation (San Francisco)
- Tri-City Free Breakfast Program (Fremont)
- Tri-City Volunteers, Inc. (Fremont)
Blythe Community Service Center (Newark)
About Fremont Bank Foundation
Fremont Bank is the primary funding source for Fremont Bank Foundation, which was established in 1995 as an independent, private grant-making foundation. Sharing with the community is at the heart of Fremont Bank Foundation, which provides financial assistance to nonprofit organizations for the implementation of services and programs that enhance the quality of life for all people in the communities served by Fremont Bank.